Kettlebell Safety Guidelines
- Be aware of your surroundings. Don’t train too close to people, pets, or objects.
- Don’t use kettlebells on a surface you don’t want damaged. There is always a possibilty you could drop it.
- If a kettlebell starts to fall and you lose control, get out of the way. Trying to recover a rep gone bad could lead to injury. Push the kettlebell away from your body and step aside.
- Treat even a light kettlebell like it is a heavy one.
- Don’t over do it. Kettlebell training is very different than cardio or traditional weight training. It is wise to start slowly and gradually increase the volume.
- If possible, get a training session from a certified kettlebell instructor.